Position: Senior / Lead Project Manager - Rail
Reports to: Commercial Manager
Direct Reports: Project/Site Managers [as required]
Date: July 2018
If you are interest in applying for this fantastic opportunity, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main purpose of post
- Ensure Customer satisfaction by delivering Rail projects on time, to the defined Quality Standards at the price level accepted by the customer. Additionally, achieve or better the estimated margins.
- Provide effective leadership to team members, ensuring they are adhering to departmental procedures.
- Take responsibility for the project from Sales handover and be fully accountable for its successful delivery. Assign tasks to Team members, as required.
- Establish a mutually beneficial dialogue with customers, from project inception to final delivery. This will include conducting both start up and post delivery reviews
- Develop a robust and detailed Project Plan. This will include milestones for deliveries and payments.~
- Hold regular project Reviews with internal Stakeholders to ensure the requirements of the Project Plan are being met.
- Provide monthly reports for Senior Management detailing the current status of departmental projects. These must show the anticipated final project margins
- Attend Design Reviews with the Engineering Manager to mutually guarantee that proposed designs meet both the client’s wishes and relevant Railway Group Standards.
- Attend client sites as required throughout the performance of the contract, assessing progress, access, H&S arrangements and effectiveness of installation
- Ensure all contract variations are negotiated in terms of cost and affect on programme and are effectively communicated, authorised and recorded.
- Manage Subcontractors, ensuring their scope of work is clear and that the orders placed provide a clear unambiguous brief and contractual protection for Birley.
- Ensure that all H&S documents are prepared and submitted to the client as required [Risk Assessments/Method Statements etc] – working with the H&S manager as required
- Ensure all processes & activities are conducted according to the Management Systems:
Quality Management System - BS EN ISO 9001:2008
Health & Safety Management System – OHSMS 18001:2007
Environmental Management System (EMS) ISO 14001:2004
Key performance indicators
- P&L on projects [as sold position as a minimum]
- Delivery on time of all projects
- Quality of delivery and installation meet clients expectation [Measured via customer feedback + snagging requirements]
- Ideally hold a recognised project management qualification
- Ideally 5 years experience of managing projects within the Rail industry
- Proactive forward thinker
- Committed and gets the job done
- Excellent team player and people manager