Position: Manufacturing Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct Reports: Manufacturing Team Leaders
Date: Aug 2018
If you are interest in applying for this fantastic opportunity, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main purpose of post
- To effectively and efficiently organise and co-ordinate all shop-floor resources to achieve cost, quality and on time in full objectives.
- Ensure all resources, both plant and human are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Delivery performance.
- Ensure that cost targets (hrs to complete work) are at least achieved or improved upon.
- Ensure that products are inspected so that Quality standards are achieved.
- Communication of up to date information to Team Leaders/shop-floor employees.
- Chair Team Leader meetings.
- Management of Team Leaders.
- Identify different production methods per project [cell working, lean production] for projects as they materialise.
- Motivate shop-floor personnel by instilling a forward-thinking, professional and pro-active approach within the working environment.
- Display active leadership and boost morale at all times.
- Factory layout changes as required.
- Housekeeping – ensure a clean and tidy environment is maintained at all times.
- Maintenance of all plant.
- Complete and return in a timely manner back to work interviews- target 24 hrs
- Liaise with Contract Managers and Production Control department as required.
- Ensure all data recording, including timesheets, with regard to labour and materials is accurately undertaken, and in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for team briefing of shop-floor employees.
- Take responsibility for continuous improvement initiatives with the manufacturing , quality inspection and despatch areas.
- Ensure that all works order documentation needed for manufacture is controlled in an effective and organised manner.
- Ensure compliance of ISO 9002 [Quality] ISO 14001 [Environmental] and OHSAS 18001 [H&S] systems.
- Ensure all Packing/Despatch resources are managed effectively
- To liaise, and proactively work with, our third part warehousing and distribution partner, Bibby, as required
Key performance indicators
- Schedule Adherence -On time delivery – target 100%
- Product Quality – all products that leave the factory must conform to specification & quality standards
- Achievement of estimated hours on all jobs/projects.
- Quality/Health/Environmental and safety audit.
Knowledge of lean methods and cell working methods would be an advantage, as would experience in the Rail sector.
The individual must have a minimum of 4 years experience in the Rail sector.